Overview – Global 8D Course
Global 8D (G8D) is a systematic problem-solving technique developed by Ford Motor Company, carried out by teamwork with the participation of from different disciplines.
Global 8D is used not just the automotive industry but also used different sectors such as food, health, and service, which implement the lean manufacturing and continuous improvement approach.
The goal of Global 8D Course is to train experts who be able to lead the implementing of the technique for different kind of problems.
Content – Global 8D Course
- D0. Global 8D Preparation
- D1- Building a team
- Teamwork, dynamics and stages
- D2 – Describing the problem
- Identifying in quantifiable terms
- D3 – Interim containment action
- D4 – Identifying the root cause
- Fishbone diagram (Ishikawa)
- 5 Why
- D5 – Developing permanent corrective actions
- Nominal group technique
- D6 – Implementing permanent corrective actions
- D7 – Preventive measures
- D8 – Congratulate the team
Global 8D Course Duration: 1 days
Participants who scored 70 and over out of 100 in the evaluation exam to be held after the training will be entitled to receive the “Achievement Certificate of Global 8D”. The Candidates who do not get enough score will be given an “Attendance Certificate of Global 8D”.